Richard A. Schloss is a Partner in Liner’s Real Estate & Land Use Group, and concentrates his practice in the representation of commercial, hotel and residential developers, real estate funds, commercial banks, finance companies and other institutional investors and lenders in connection with real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, venture formation, and conventional, construction, securitized and mezzanine financing.
Richard A. Schloss
Richard A. Schloss
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University (J.D., magna cum laude, Certificate in Taxation)
The Ohio State University, Business Administration and Finance (B.S.)
- June 5, 2017: Liner Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017
Super Lawyers Magazine
- October 11, 2016: What Can Borrowers Expect Post-Brexit?
- September 1, 2016: Super Lawyer Standouts at Liner LLP
- April 26, 2016: Team Liner Wins Public Counsel Run for Justice Cup
- March 20, 2015: Pulling Up Stakes: Jones Day, Mayer Brown, K&L Gates
Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2013-2017)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Real Estate Section Executive Committee
- Cleveland Marshall National Advisory Council
- Represented investor with the acquisition of a portfolio of single tenant retail locations and related financing.
- Represented large corporate client in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a new lease for its corporate headquarters.
- Represented hotel management company regarding the sale of a portion of its business to a Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Represented fund client in the acquisition of a private equity investment in the amount of approximately $30,000,000 in a five star hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Represented developer client in connection with the acquisition and development of large mixed-use property in Southern Florida. Negotiated ground lease and severance lease with local municipality.
- Represented client in financing and development of office parcel portion of the development.
- Represented capital provider in a joint venture investment and financing for the development of a 160,000 square feet of Class A office tower in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented client in the disposition of an 8-property medical office building portfolio containing both fee and ground lease interests.
- Represented client in the acquisition, development, and related financing of multiple low income housing projects.
- Represent mall developer in connection with multi-billion dollar financing, including negotiation of all loan documents, title and survey review and lease review.